A commissioned artwork can be a wonderful way to secure the perfect piece of art, made in a particular size and palette. It is a great way to own a unique original piece of art that was made specially for you and your space.
I am open to working on commission pieces should the client and I align on the artwork direction and process.
My commission process is as follows:
- Please contact me via email and let me know that you are interested in a commissioned artwork. Think about where the art will hang, the space, size, colour palette, framing options, and any of my previous work you like for inspiration. Images of work and the space are welcome and are very helpful.
- We can then discuss in detail (through email, over the phone or book a studio appointment to meet) and chat further about the project. If we are to meet in the studio, I can show you my current work.
- Once we have aligned and decided on the particulars of the artwork, a quote will be emailed to you. A 30% deposit is required to secure the artwork and order the stretched linen. The remainder will be due upon pickup/delivery.
- I will then send through colour swatches, composition ideas to confirm before starting on the painting.
- I work intuitively and to my style of art only. Please only choose to work with me because you like my painting and trust in my creativity. I cannot replicate a past work as no two works should be the same, but I am happy to reference a past painting palette for a new or similar painting.
- Once the painting is underway I will check in with my client throughout the process to show the direction it is headed. You may have as little or as much input to the painting as you like, however I do work best with the clients trust in my work.
- Once completed, images can be sent through or another studio appointment can be made to view the painting, and any last changes can be made. Once the finished piece is confirmed by the client it will be signed and varnished for protection.
- Time frame: The painting can take anywhere from 3-6 weeks. If framing please allow another 1-2 weeks.
- Final payment can then be made upon pickup or delivery day.
- Pickup or Delivery: Pickup is welcome from Bentleigh, Victoria. Most artworks under 1 x 1.5 m going to greater Melbourne can also be delivered by the artist. Otherwise all larger artworks will need delivering and a quote can be given prior to locking in the commission.
- The artwork will be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist.
Thank you for taking the time to understand the process and please reach out should you have any questions regarding the above.
** I am currently open to taking on commissions.